In 1939, Mark Honeywell made a commitment to build the Honeywell Memorial Community Center, dedicated to his late wife Olive and his parents. Construction began on the 45,000 sq. ft. facility in 1940 but wasn’t fully completed until 1952 due to labor and material shortages during World War II.
The Center provided recreational opportunities for all ages. Youngsters enjoyed the roller skating rink, local schools hosted basketball games in the gym, and adults took advantage of the lounge and other areas for card games and companionship.
In 1994, a 75,000 sq. ft. addition was opened featuring the 1500 seat Ford Theater, Eugenia’s Restaurant, Clark Art Gallery, Carpenter Plaza, Olivette Room, and several meeting and banquet spaces.
History The Honeywell Foundation
Honeywell House Eagles Theatre 13-24 Drive In
Charley Creek Gardens Dr. James Ford Historic Home