The Eagles Theatre was opened in 1906, constructed and financed by hundreds of people through the efforts of the Wabash Eagles Lodge. The Theatre served as a venue for live theater during the early 1900s. It was later transformed into a popular movie theater in the 1950s. Time took a toll however, and the theater eventually became run down.
In January 2010, the Honeywell Foundation acquired the Eagles Theatre in an effort to expand its recreational and artistic opportunities. The Foundation performed a number of upgrades including installing new seats and a new projector system, repairing HVAC, and extensive cleaning and repainting. In November 2010, the theater was re-opened to the public and continues to show first-run movies.